Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I Will Look to the Lord Micah 7:7


Micah the prophet observed that no one who surrounded him was worthy of trust. Friends, guides, wives, fathers, sons, mothers, daughters and in-laws could not be trusted. He surmised that “the good man is perished out of the earth” and “there is none upright among them”. In chapter seven and verse seven of his prophesy, Micah shares the conclusion he reached because of their reputation. We read:

Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

The verse begins, “Therefore I will look unto the LORD;” Micah began this verse with the word, “therefore” which is a conclusion word that points us to what was stated before it. We remember the list of people Micah saw as untrustworthy, and because he observed this in them he stated, “I will look” which means “to look out or about, spy, observe, to keep watch and watch closely” “unto the LORD” or “Yehovah or Jehovah”. The implication is that the LORD is trustworthy, and because everyone else is not, Micah will closely look out for and keep his eyes upon the LORD God Almighty.

The verse continues, “I will wait for the God of my salvation:” Micah also concludes, “I will wait” which means “hope, expect and tarry” “for the God” or “the true God” “of my salvation” which means “deliverance, rescue, safety, welfare, prosperity and victory”. Micah knew the true strength of his deliverance, safety and victory was in the LORD, and he would put his hope and trust in Him.

Finally the verse says, “my God will hear me.” As an added note to his conclusion, Micah said, “my God” which is the Hebrew word “Elohim” and means “divine ones” “will hear me” or “listen to, perceive, to hear with attention or interest and listen to” him. God Almighty, the Creator of the Universe, would not simply hear the sound Micah made with his voice, but would listen attentively to what he had to say.

While we ponder Micah's words, perhaps we can identify with him when he surmised that no one is trustworthy with some of our information. There are some things that are best shared with God and Him alone. We have the ability and opportunity to share the most intimate details of our lives with the Creator of the Universe, and though He already knows what we are going to share, He loves to see our hope and expectancy in Him. Perhaps there are things we would like to share with Him today. Let this be our opportunity and impetus to “wait” upon Him, and know “my God will hear me”.

Next time Micah shares how the Lord will be a light unto him, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, and the new devotional “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at http://www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.




No comments:

Post a Comment