Friday, September 9, 2016

Crowded Rooms

The room was filled no eye could see
the final of the crowd
Female and male both young and old
conversing very loud

When suddenly stepped in the king
with majesty and gale
Rewards in hand and quiet smile
In silence His regale

Om'nously He sat upon
His throne in royal robes
Twas there He'd judge the works of those
who knew Him young and old

As one by one stepped forth the crowd
to hear of their reward
Some silver, gold and precious stones
some stubble, hay and wood

Each was full and entered in
the place that He'd prepared
Twas joy received from majesty
by grace for all who dared

Across the room another crowd
was waiting in the wing
Their fate their own by willing choice
examined by the king

Though works they had enumerable
were none but filthy rags
For these but lame excuses
Twas all the deeds they'd had

Rejection of the King was kept
by these in unbelief
And though they prayed, cried, begged and pled
For them was no relief

What now? What now? Will be their fate
For these whose time is much too late
Depart from me you wicked ones
Relationship has come and gone

As one by one they fell with fear
These dreadful ones who would not hear
The saving news from one so great
Who'd save them from such awful fate

But now, but now it's much too late
for these in unbelief
Eternal flame and dreaded dark
Wail, woe and gnash of the teeth

Twas then I woke from fearsome dream
In fright I'd saw myself
For in the second crowd I pled
But none was there could help

My time, my time is now I thought
I must not lose one sec
Since sifting sands through hourglass
rush time to not reject

This loving One who came to save
those daring to believe
Yet dreadful crowd awaiteth those
who dare not Him receive




No comments:

Post a Comment