Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Innkeeper

A wandering pair
set course one day
to find their home
for census pay

A place of refuge
for baby born
One who'd be King
from God was sworn

To innkeeper knocked
who had no room
rejected pair
now filled with gloom

“I'm busy, angry
let me be
I have no room
within for thee”

Said innkeeper he
to couple fair
to give this birth
did not know where

Yet stable found
they manger bed
where birth was giv'n
for He instead

The Son of Grace
for all did come
the world to save
from sin's death sum

and to your heart
His knock aloud
yet sometimes faint
for ones not proud

To innkeeper souls
persistent speech
of saving grace
from this great King

“I'm busy, angry
let me be
I have no room
within for thee”

“My life too busy
don't you see
I have no room
for such as He”

“My heart tis full
and left no room
for Him to enter
my life's womb”

Reject Him not
thou innkeeper fair
lest you be left
with sin to bear

With judgment of
eternal doom
for thou who didst
not have Him room




No comments:

Post a Comment