Monday, December 26, 2016

The Thief in the Big Red Suit

Who be this one that takes my space
who claims for his my presents placed
twas not his funds that bought these things
nor he who shopped them home to bring

Not one present did he encase
nor bow nor tape put he in place
nor ornament upon the tree
unpack the lights that we did string

Yet here he takes credit from me
and more than this would take from He
whose very being came from He
that made all men who are to be

The Savior Lord of all mankind
this robbing one attempts to bind
the hearts of those with Christ in mind
upstaged by him thus so sublime

His big red suit and belly bulged
cancerous pipe and laugh divulged
his big black belt and boots to match
with white trimmed suit and dangling sach'

Who down my chimney like a thief
avoids alarms for he'll be brief
twinkles his nose for this he's learned
to take my credit for things unearned

Chastise him sore for his theft's trace
my child's love deeply misplaced
who lavish him instead of me
who's hard work gave presents to be

So down the chimney thief will slide
to find my fire lit inside
with red hot pokers prepped to grind
those piercing brands to his behind

And up he'll shoot with raging shout
with rapid pace will he go out
n'er more return and take my place
nor Jesus in this home erase

For one is God and dare none more
espec'lly porky thieves adored
who wrestle from the thoughts of men
Jesus the Christ who saves from sin




No comments:

Post a Comment