Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Candor Hall

What be these chains and bar walled frames
that hold my soul in captive gain
n'er reaching forth my freedom's hand
that moves me from these captive bands

From deep within my pain doth wage
from past regrets and days unweighed
of penalty now gone unchanged
for once be all for this penned cage

No change for me that none can see
for these gray walls and chains they be
reminders of what might have been
yet never more avail my skin

I call without to deaf bound ears
for none doth see nor doth one hear
the rantings of this one condemned
to walk alone these walls within

The clanging doors and echoed halls
doth each affirm my pitted falls
while like clothed guards tend every move
e'er eat or sleep that I must prove

For wake escapes my liberty
from these gray walls that capture me
by well versed judge my will is cast
declared the time my vent will last

No savior king avails my plot
within these walls be all my lot
for unchanged sins that I have brought
upon myself and others got

Can but one hear or canst one see
I have no chance for liberty
lest thou be moved from safety's care
when thou dost find that I am there




No comments:

Post a Comment