Sunday, July 15, 2018

Ironman

Dedicated in Memory of Ron Nieto

Ironman
07/15/18

Were I be thought an ironman
what is that man within
can challenge course or fashioned race
if run or bike or swim

Does kingsize stand enduring kind
a different man doth make
to finish race on time before
the others their time take

Triathlon and ironman
were feats that I thus met
and stamina determined soul
with purposed mind I set

For many start and finish few
the race that I have run
because the course be much too hard
to cease did I have none

And so endured medicinal pains
the sickness deep within
 emotional and physical
that spirit thus might win

While passing queen and pillar sons
 the standard set in race
though fear of loss that it might bring
did never slow my pace

For struggled dream and challenged mind
the hardcore summoned me
the stronger power and greatness sought
the thrust heroic be

The obstacles the venue great
the hurdles I'd respect
the journey our Lord giveth me
the path that I did trek

And punishing my tired soul
transitions did I yield
the hydrate sprint and tired feet
to route demanding field


The training gear nutrition fuel
and strategy plateaus
and concentrate the validate
before the tape did close

With prize and plaque the banner held
certificates rewards
henceforth be there laid up for me
 the prize to crown my core

I've lived, I've loved, I've had some fun
with all of you below
but I must face my heavenly course
so onward thus I go

With honor, tears and reminisce
remember thee my pace
for twas my time to thus endure
while finishing my race

The glory of the prize I sought
to finish course begun
and run the race that I did start
the fight that I've now won





No comments:

Post a Comment