Friday, July 13, 2018

The Rodent Rescue


The Rodent Rescue
07/13/18

Twas well before dawn
when what did I hear
but canine collaborates
clamoring near

For outside my door
and just there outside
the barking and growling
with bent over hides

The pool twas their gaze
and chattering fit
twas something beneath them
that did not quite fit

Around me thus I
my robe I surround
and flew out the door
to find out this sound

The dogs they were three
that howling there were
all tapping with dance
that caused this great stir

So below me I looked
and what did I see
but one tiny mouse
twas swimming beneath

That rodent beneath
must just have fell in
and fearing his death
he started to swim

Drenched was his coat
while floating he there
his hands scurried 'bout
and he wrestled for air

My passion set in
to rescue this mouse
I dipped in the pool
to pull the rat out


But just as I dipped
and grabbed his backside
my foot well nigh slipped
and downward did slide

And reaching my hand
out forth to my brace
from concrete below
protecting my face

And down to my hip
I suddenly fell
both bruising my side
and finger as well

The mouse I let slip
which flung from my hand
and onto pool surface
the rodent did land

With speedy response
one dog he took charge
and into his mouth
the rodent did lodge

The dog he did not
with slobber bite down
but held forth the mouse
who squealing did sound

With quick lain response
I gave the command
to set free the rat
into my hand

Reluctant he was
for rodent to free
but after the charge
he answered my plea

While aiding my side
and holding my hand
I let the mouse go
and gave him demand

Go now you rat
and come not again
to this here my pool
where you have fell in

And just as he left
he turning around
as tipping his hat
with English did sound

I thank thee dear lass
he smiled with glee
as I sat there staring
at my bleeding knee

I'll be back tomorrow
he chucked and laughed
to give thee more damage
as though this a gag

And with my great damage
I hurting did sigh
and purposed the next time
to let the rat die








No comments:

Post a Comment