Monday, December 31, 2018

A Mother's Touch

My thinking brought my mind to rest
on mother's constant care
her hands, her touch, her eyes aglow
toward me persistent stare

The tears of happiness she shed
the weeping with my pain
her eyes aglow relentless love
poured forth from every vein

Her own self much denied she'd aid
my sickness not her own
for my brow needed cooled cloth
lest fevered fate bemoan

The meals she cooked with sacrifice
her regimented pour
the messes cleaned abode afresh
the night time daily chores

The presents tightly wrapped she'd give
each one concerned thereof
her deep felt thoughts presented me
expressions of her love

Her voice to sound alarm aloud
stern warning from street's play
the call for church and spiritual things
my proper dressed displayed

The long nights wait my entrance home
her gaited patient feet
that I'd be safe and resting there
lest she'd n'er be complete

Caressing hands to comfort tears
whose listening ears n'er bane
for my words were of most import
not one of them did fain

Though absent be thy touch now faint
thy memories be clear
of mother's constant care for me
shall last for all my years


No comments:

Post a Comment