Tuesday, December 25, 2018

God's Christmas Gift


What shall I give thee oh blessed one
birthed on first Christmas morn
Tis no one thing that thou dost need
that I could ever adorn

To offer thee jewels, gold silver or ware
would be such paltry attempt
for thou hast all created things be
to offer would be thus contempt

A painting, an art or presented sculp
refined by my skillful hands
A song or music or instrument played
gifts given by thy great command

For family for father for mother and grands
for children from great heritage
Companions aligned with like kind belief
who kneel before thy holy stage

The life that thou hast given to me
both now and eternal sublime
Salvation promised by thy presence here
forgiveness of sins so divine

To offer thee thanks such feeble onset
for n'er find the words to convey
for all thou Christ child hast given to me
bestowed on first Christmas day

For thou hast blessed me with thy words
return unto thee now I give
And this no more could I offer thee
my soul and my life now to live





No comments:

Post a Comment