In the book of Judges we learned, “Then sang Deborah and Barak the son of Abinoam on that day, saying, praise you the LORD for the avenging of Israel, when the people willingly offered themselves”, and in chapter five and verse three of Judges, we learn how Deborah and Barak sung, “Hear, O you kings; give ear, O you princes” where we read,
Hear, O you kings; give ear, O you princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD;
I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.
The verse reads, “Hear, O you kings; give ear, O you princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD;” The writer began with the words, “hear, O you kings” which means “listen and pay attention, O you royal rulers and leaders”; “give ear, O you princes” or “hearken and listen, O you weighty, judicious, commanding and honorable rulers”; “I, even, I will sing” which means “I, Deborah and Barak, shall make music with my voice” “unto the LORD” or “to Jehovah who is the existing One and is the proper name for the One True God”. The writer shared how Deborah and Barak called out for the royal rulers and honorable leaders to listen to and hearken unto them because they were making music with their voices to Jehovah God.
The verse goes on to say, “I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.” The writer continued with the words, “I will sing praise” which means “I, Deborah and Barak, shall bless, adore, salute and kneel by making music with my voice” “to the LORD God” or “to Jehovah who is the existing One and is the proper name of the One True God” “of Israel” which means “belonging to Israel whose name means ‘God prevails’ and is the name of the descendants and the nation of the descendants of Jacob”. The writer shared how “Deborah and Barak” purposed to give honor and blessings to Jehovah who is the Supreme Deity belonging to “Israel”.
When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how important this portion of the “song” was for “Deborah and Barak”. They called upon royal rulers and leaders to listen to their “song” which was directed to Jehovah God. God loves the people of Israel, and He loves us as well. When He sent His Son Jesus into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind and to be raised from the dead after three days, He made the way through faith and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”. When we submit to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us His Holy Spirit to help us “sing” of His victory over sin, death and our hating foes. (See John 3;16; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:37
Next time learn how Deborah and Barak sing, “LORD, when you went out of Seir”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.
Until tomorrow…there is more…
See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".
No comments:
Post a Comment