Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Angel Touching the Flesh and Cakes - Judges 6:21

In the book of Judges we learned how Jehovah God told Gideon, “Go in this your might, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent you? And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house”, and in chapter six and verse sixteen of Judges, we learn how, “the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with you”, where we read,


And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with you,

 and you shall smite the Midianites as one man.


The verse reads, “And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with you,” The writer began with the words, “and the LORD said unto him” which means “and Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God uttered, declared and proclaimed to him, Gideon”, “Surely I” or “yes and indeed I, Jehovah God” “will be with you” which means “shall exist alongside and accompanying you, Gideon”. The writer shared how Jehovah God told “Gideon” that He would indeed accompany him. 


The verse goes on to say, “and you shall smite the Midianites as one man.” The writer continued with the words, “and you shall smite the Midianites” which means “and you, Gideon, will strike, hit, beat and slay the Midianites or Midian whose name means ‘strife’ and was the son of Abraham by Keturah and progenitor of the tribe of Midianites or Arabians ” “as one man” or “similar and in likeness to a single male human being”. The writer shared how Jehovah God told “Gideon” that He would accompany him, and that he would slay the people of Midian like a single man.

When we mediate upon the words in this verse, we see how Jehovah God assured “Gideon” that He would accompany him and give him the power to defeat the “Midianites” in such a way that it would be like he was defeating them like one man. God has the power to strengthen anyone according to His will, and when we yield to His Son Jesus who came into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind and to be raised from the dead after three days, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and put His Holy Spirit within us to guide us into all truth and provide ability that is beyond our imagination for what He desires to do. (See John 3:16; 16:13; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 3:20)

Next time we learn how Gideon says, “If now I have found grace in your sight”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".










No comments:

Post a Comment