Saturday, September 26, 2026

I Am the LORD, Fear Not - Judges 6:10

In the book of Judges we learned how Jehovah God told Israel, “I brought you up from Egypt, and brought you forth out of the house of bondage. And I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all that oppressed you, and drove them out from before you, and gave you their land”, and in chapter six and verse ten of Judges, we learn howJehovah God said, “I am the LORD your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites”, where we read,


And I said unto you, I am the LORD your God;

 fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but you have not obeyed my voice.


The verse reads, “And I said unto you, I am the LORD your God;” The writer began with the words, “and I said unto you” which means “and I, Jehovah God, uttered, declared and proclaimed to you, Israel”, “I am the LORD your God” or “I, Jehovah God, exist as Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God, your, Israel’s, Supreme Deity”. The writer shared how Jehovah God declared Himself to be the people of “Israel’s” Supreme Deity.


The verse goes on to say, “fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but you have not obeyed my voice.” The writer continued with the words, “fear not the gods” which means “do not be afraid of the deities” “of the Amorites” or “belonging to the Amorites whose name means a sayer” and were “one of the peoples of east Canaan and beyond the Jordan, dispossessed by the Israelite incursion from Egypt”, “in whose land you dwell” which means “within he territory and countryside in which you, Israel, live abid” “but you have not obeyed my voice” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover you, the people of Israel, have in no way or manner listened to, heard or hearkened to my, Jehovah God’s, sound and noise of uttered words”. The writer shared how Jehovah God instructed the people of “Israel” not to be afraid of the deities belonging to the “Amorites” which were within the region where they lived, however, the people of Israel in no way or manner listened to, heeded or hearkened to Jehovah God’s noise and sound of uttered words.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how Jehovah God reaffirmed who He is to the people of “Israel”, and He instructed them not to be afraid of Amorite deities who were within the location where they were living. Nonetheless, the people of Israel did not listen to Jehovah God’s “voice”. God wants us to hearken to Him because He knows what is best for our lives, and when we yield to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins and was raised from the dead after three days, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and put His Holy Spirit within us to guide us into all truth and help us to listen when He speaks and “obey” His words as He declares them. (See John 3:16:14/:15; 16:13; Acts 1:8) 

Next time we learn how, “there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".










No comments:

Post a Comment