Tuesday, December 20, 2011

All I Want for Christmas - Equipped for Battle

The Christmas song for children goes:



All I want for Christmas
is my two front teeth,
my two front teeth,
see my two front teeth!

Gee, if I could only
have my two front teeth,
then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas."



However, isn't it interesting how the “All I wants” have changed? Nowadays there seems to be an endless list of “wants” for Christmas. After opening fifteen or twenty presents many children have one question, “Do I have any more?” I wonder what would happen if there was a one present limit? Perhaps there is in some places, and one supposes that there are places where there are actually none.



So, what does a person get another who still has desires but has nothing to purchase an item with this Christmas? Maybe there are items that cannot be bought per se' that would be appropriate gifts like: time with one another, a walk in a park or field, a conversation over a phone, a homemade Christmas card, a cup of coffee on a cool morning, a visit to an extended care facility, and on and on the list could go.



Maybe if a person thinks about it long enough, one of the most given gifts this Christmas will be the person themselves, and that will be a gift that will never go out of style that says “Merry Christmas” over and over again.



However, if the words to the song are the desire, here are the rest:



It seems so long since I could say,
"Sister Susie sitting on a thistle!"
Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,
if I could only whistle (thhhh, thhhh)

All I want for Christmas
is my two front teeth,
my two front teeth,
see my two front teeth.

Gee, if I could only
have my two front teeth,
then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas!"



Until tomorrow...Why Say More?



Find the new devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation” in all major bookstore sites, www.amazon.com ; www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, find locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore


No comments:

Post a Comment