Friday, December 30, 2011

If I Only Knew - Equipped for Battle

What does the future hold, and how good or bad will it be? Will I gain weight or lose weight? Will I be prosperous, or will I have difficulty? Who will be President, and which stock is the right one to pick?Who will win the series, and will the Super Bowl host my favorite team?Will gas prices go up, or will they plummet? What about taxes, insurance, health care costs, and food? Will they go up as well? Will I be able to afford all the costs for raising these children, grandchildren and other relatives that I will have to support? Will the story end for some I love or will I be the one to end? So many questions, so many wonders, so many possibilities for this coming year, and yet, so many non-answers. If I only knew. If I only knew. If I only...



But then again, what if what I knew wasn't as good as what I think I would want to knew. (Now, before the reader wonders if I have lost my bearings about what is present and future, hang with me just a bit.) I mean, it's okay to know what you knew if what you knew is something that is pleasant, but if what you knew is not so pleasant? It might be better if what you knew is not known until the time that it becomes that which you knew. In other words, sometimes the future is best if it is a quagmire or mystery. If I only knew what I will know, then I might spend my time worrying over what I will know and ruin the time that I have while I am supposed to not know what I will know which will become what I knew.



I think this process of knowing what I knew can be simplified. Perhaps this will help. I don't know what I will know, so why not just take it all in as it comes and enjoy this day, this hour, this minute and this moment to enjoy what I know right now, and I'll watch peace flood my soul and rest comfort my mind about the coming year.



Until tomorrow...Why Say More?



Look for the new devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation” in all major bookstore sites, www.amazon.com ; www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, find locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment