Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bug in My Eye

Ouch! Said I
this insect fly
direct into
my open eye

This dreadful louse
that blind my site
my tears did flow
into the night

How dare abuse
thou wretched wing
my seeing optic
pain doth bring

Remove the wretch
this constant pest
upon my iris
now at rest

So blink did I
with rapid pace
to rid myself
from bug's embrace

And torture now
this insect's swim
within the eyelid
fate post grim

And try the more
to no avail
to free my eye
o'er gnat's assail

But then thought I
upon a beam
a plank, a board
that need redeem

This gnat my mind
convicted me
of blinded site
to others be

And lest I judge
without restraint
the speck I bear
doth make me faint

Thus represent
my plank filled eye
need first remove
before I spy

The other's speck
that I observe
twas less than mine
that I reserved

When once I learned
my lesson be
the gnat broke loose
flew free from me

And now thank I
that wretched bug
who taught me thus
“be no more smug”




No comments:

Post a Comment