Monday, January 14, 2019

Lovest Thou Me?

Lovest Thou Me?
01/14/19

What dost thou love that more than I
that rules thy ways controls thy life

Is it thy family, comrades or friends
thy daughter, son or grandchildren

It is thy parent, husband or wife
thy girlfriend, boyfriend of bygone life

Is it thy job, career or post
employee, boss or colleague most

Is it to ski, to fish, to play
to drink and eat another day

Is it thy car, thy bike or boat
is it a cruise that gains thy vote

Is it a lake or ocean beach
or mountain range or desert reach

What be that thing thou lovest most?
perhaps thy dog, thy cat engrossed

Is it thy jewels, thy clothes, thy shoes
is it the toys that have the rule


Is it thy riches, education, fame
or wealth obtained by thy great name
Is it thy phone or text, facetime
or games to play thou callest prime

Is it thy time to think alone
to read, to write of thought thine own

What be the things thou lovest most
without God thoughts that thou dost boast

What dost thou have I did not give
that in thy life provide to live

What e're thou love must sacrifice
and yield to me thy supreme price

Lest thou forget I gave my all
that you may live price not too small

The cost be great I know you see
tis I who gave my all for thee




No comments:

Post a Comment