Sunday, January 13, 2019

Tis Not My Fault

Who art thou there that blame another
the one that close to thee
for thy contention thus so great
that all the world may see

From Adam's darn of wicked wife
to Eve's repose, serpent's invite
tis not I, nor me, but thee
that blame for thus to be

Why then should I try get along
when thou induced for all this wrong
with all the strife thou bring to me
quite all of it the world to see

Thy pride has filled consenting nous
for others' ways thou hast no use
while seated there on mental throne
'cause thou be right and thou alone

I shall not move from pointed stand
tis I the only in command
for thou must change not I, no how
it is to me thy will must bow
Yet press report thy hardened heart
and blinded mind canst not depart
for this my will has right to be
and yours alone must bend the knee

Still more we stand no compromise
no fault must fill unwilling eyes
and lest we turn the mirror thus
and find the blame twas truly us




No comments:

Post a Comment