Monday, January 28, 2019

The World, The Flesh and The Devil

Twas two who sat on nearby log
discussing their life's woes
establishing where attribute
the blame twas not their own

Not I the first who am to blame
the world commercials bring
convincing me I suffer loss
without them worthless thing

If not the world perfect I be
influence toward my wrong
my ills, mistakes and sinful ways
without would I be strong

The second drew his pointed blast
the flesh at fault for him
desires hidden deep inside
betrayed by carnal sin

If not the flesh perfect I be
the lust within my heart
revealed impassioned alibis
to hide my willful part

But thus did ne'r the two agree
their introspective ways
for neither thought their way be true
that they be thus astray

So thought did they upon their rot
and pointed marked intent
decided they would not admit
their sum'ry cause relent

Perhaps the devil is to blame
the second said to one
the world and flesh do not prevail
o'er his assailant plunge

The first agreed they'd never own
their error never ceased
and seek release from guilty shame
that rob them of their peace

If not the devil perfect we be
twas he who caused our pain
the great mistakes impassioned lies
and errors we have feigned

So arm in arm with peace inside
the first and second rose
without a care for sin their own
deceitfully unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment