Monday, January 21, 2019

Skyscraper

My gaze in awe from structures eyed
rising tall above my yielded crown
with neck in hinge and back aligned
now bracing spine lest tumble down

For rising far in cloud filled sky
the scrapers engineers did vie
their feats of steel and fabric glass
aggregate forms to decades last

Intimidate my smallness there
these massive buildings grouped in care
Those metal bounds rose faraway
my tiny frame beneath their sway

And looked with I a hopeless pain
perspective small with none to gain
relief this metal mountain range
above my terror guilted plague

For twas my troubles haunting me
removed relief from constant peace
and daunted by these monstrous knolls
tow'ring o'er my shame-filled soul

And thus my head hung deeply low
and managed need too great to know
for problems far too large for me
proper solutions to set me free

When sudden grasp within my site
a souring plane flew o'er my plight
and seated there a different scene
while looking down on building preen

Twas then my thoughts began relate
these structures here of ill-failed fate
of problems, troubles, hassles too
were quite much smaller from their view

So position I must need refine
from flight above construction line
now looking down on buildings small
from high perspective much less than tall

And Master Engineer creates
constructs this world beneath His pate
so puts together the yielded plan
that sole with Him I'll make my stand

Who sits much higher than them all
and erects the structures that seem so tall
from His perspective be much less role
to see with His eyes thus my goal

What were these structures oh so tall
but like my problems oh so small
twas my perspective that looked above
now focused toward abounding love

Thus shall another step I take
and worry less upon my fate
and should my troubles building tall
remember God above them all



No comments:

Post a Comment