Wednesday, May 29, 2019

No Rest in My Spirit 2 Corinthians 2:13


Paul the apostle wrote to the church members in Corinth about “Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,”, and in chapter two and verse thirteen of Second Corinthians, Paul told the church members he did this that he, “when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel”, where we read:

I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother:
but taking my leave of them, I went from there into Macedonia.

The verse begins, “I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother:Paul began with the word, “I had no rest” which means “Paul had not any liberty or ease” “in my spirit” or “within Paul's efficient source of any power, affection, emotion and desire”, “because” which means “for the reason” “I found not” or “Paul did not learn, discover or understand” “Titus” whose name means “nurse” and was “a Gentile Christian and Paul's companion in some of his journeys” “my brother” or “Paul's fellow believer who is united to another by the bond of affection”. Paul was “restless” because he could not “find” “Titus” who was his brother in the faith.

The verse goes on to say, but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.” Paul continued with the word, “but” which is a disassociation conjunction that means what is about to be written takes precedence over what was previously stated “” “taking my leave” which means “setting apart and separating” “of them” or “the people within the city of Troas”, “I went from there” or “Paul left from Troas” “into Macedonia” which means “extended land” and was “a country bounded on the south by Thessaly and Epirus, on the east by Thrace and the Aegean Sea, on the west by Illyria and on the North by Dardania and Moesia”. Paul decided to leave Troas and travel to “Macedonia”.

When we consider these words of Paul, we note his desire to see his brother in the Lord “Titus”, and when he was unable to find him, Paul decided to leave “Troas” and travel to “Macedonia”. When people receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, they enjoy bonds of brotherhood like no others, and Paul felt this way toward “Titus”. Let us be mindful of the way God puts people together, and may we never “rest” in our “spirits” till we enjoy those relationships as He desires.

Next time Paul tells the church members when he “now thanks be unto God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then,

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.







No comments:

Post a Comment