Friday, May 10, 2019

When I Pass through Macedonia 1 Corinthians 16:5


Paul the apostle shared with the church members in Corinth And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me, and in chapter sixteen and verse five of First Corinthians, Paul declared to the church members, “I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia”, where we read:

Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia: for I do pass through Macedonia.

The verse begins, Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia:” Paul began with the word, “now” or “moreover and” “I will come” which means “Paul could appear” “unto you” or “to or towards the church members in Corinth”, “when” or “at what time and occasion” “I shall pass through” or “Paul would come from one place to another and appear” “Macedonia” which means “extended land” and was “a country bounded on the south by Thessaly and Epirus, on the east by Thrace and the Aegean Sea, on the west by Illyria, and on the North by Dardania and Moesia”. Paul desired to visit the Corinthian church when he traveled through “Macedonia”.

The verse goes on to say, for I do pass through Macedonia.” Paul continued with the words, “for” or “even as, indeed, no doubt, seeing then, verily and therefore” “I do pass through” which means “Paul would come from one place to another and appear” “Macedonia” which means “extended land” and was “a country bounded on the south by Thessaly and Epirus, on the east by Thrace and the Aegean Sea, on the west by Illyria, and on the North by Dardania and Moesia”. Paul reaffirmed that he was to travel though “Macedonia”.

When we think through these words from Paul, we understand his plan to travel and see the church members within Corinth. He knew he would “pass through” “Macedonia” on his journey, and determined to let the church members know he did not intend to stay there. Paul's desire was to share the “gospel of Jesus Christ” wherever the Lord would lead him, and while we may be “passing through” some places in the world, let us remember to include those who are within the church as well.

Next time Paul declares to the church members, “It may be that I will abide, yes, and winter with you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment