Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Whom You Forgive I Forgive 2 Corinthians 2:10


Paul the apostle told the church members in Corinth, “to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, and he added, “whether you be obedient in all things”, and in chapter two and verse ten of Second Corinthians, Paul told the church members he did this because, “whom you forgive any thing, I forgive also”, where we read:

To whom you forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing,
to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

The verse begins, “To whom you forgive any thing, I forgive also:Paul began with the word, “to whom” which means “to what person” “you forgive” or “the church members do something pleasant, gracious, kind, benevolent and pardon” “any thing” which means “some certain person or object”, “I forgive” or “Paul would do something pleasant, gracious, kind, benevolent and pardon” “also” which means “as well”. Paul was willing to “forgive” any person whom the church members were willing to “forgive”.

The verse goes on to say, for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;” Paul continued with the word, “for” which means “even as, indeed, no doubt, seeing then, verily and therefore” “if I forgave” which refers to “whether Paul did something pleasant, was gracious, kind, benevolent or pardoned” “any thing” or “any certain person or object”, “to whom” which means “to what person” “I forgave it” or “Paul did something pleasant, was gracious, kind, benevolent and pardoned”, “for your sakes” which refers to “on behalf of and on account of the church members” “forgave I it in” or “Paul did something pleasant, was gracious, kind, benevolent and pardoned” “the person” which means “in the face, front or countenance” “of Christ” or “of the anointed One, the Messiah and the Son of God”. Paul forgave “certain persons or object” for the benefit of the church members in the presence of Jesus.

When we consider these words of Paul, we see how he was willing to “forgive”. He was inspired for the “sake” of the church members, and the “countenance” of Jesus was the basis for his forgiveness. Because each of the church members meant so much to him, he would easily comply. When we have people to “forgive”, we should keep in mind the “sake” of others in the “presence” of Jesus Christ. Jesus forgave and “forgives” us, and because others' “behalf and account” must be considered, let us follow Paul's example and “forgive” others for their “sakes” and before the “countenance” of Christ.

Next time Paul tells the church members, “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment