Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Spirit Directed Peter - Acts 11:12

Luke the physician wrote how Peter told the Jewish “apostles and believers” in Jerusalem, he saw, “in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean has at any time entered into my mouth. But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God has cleansed, that call not you common. And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me”, and in chapter eleven and verse twelve of the book of Acts Luke shared how Peter told the Jewish believers, “the Spirit bade me to go with them” where we read:

And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting.

Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:

The verse begins, “And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Luke began with the words, “and the Spirit” which means “and the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, who is coequal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son” “bade me go with them” or “bid, beckoned and asked, me, Peter, to depart, accompany and travel alongside and beside the three men”, “nothing doubting” which means “without discriminating, deciding, disputing or striving”. Luke shared how the “Holy Spirit” instructed “Peter” to depart with the “three men” without “discriminating or striving” against them.

The verse goes on to say, “Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: Luke continued with the words, “moreover these six brethren” which means “and even so and indeed the six fellow believers in Jesus” “accompanied me” or “arose, appeared and went forth with me, Peter”, “and we entered into the man's house” which means “and we, Peter and the six brothers in Christ with him, went into the male human being's dwelling place, habitation and abode”. Luke shared how “Peter” said there were “six fellow believers” who went with him to the “man's” house and “entered” inside.

When we think through Luke's words in this verse, we learn how “Peter” continued to recount the story of going to the house of a “Gentile”. He told them how the “Holy Spirit” instructed him to go to the man's home, and he took “six” other believers with him as he went. God loves people, and because he desires to have a personal relationship with every person, He sent His Son Jesus to die for their sins so they may live forever with Him. Let all who read these words concerning the “leading” of “Peter” by the “Holy Spirit” understand, God's plan was to reach the Gentiles and offer His “gospel” to the whole world.

Next time Luke shares how Peter told the Jewish believers the man, showed us how he had seen an angel in his house, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment