Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Push Back

If you push me then I'll push you

said the boy to his long time friend

I know better and that's for sure

how dare you buck my trend


For I know best most certainly

said he to him betrayed

and dare not you resist my words

by that which you portray


From things past fought and now anew

brought back to rend again

I'll brandish you with great resist

this argument must win


For disagree with you I shall

for your thoughts be amiss

how can you think such worthless things

and trust thy mindless bliss


And never more will I relent

or listen to thy cause

my mind is closed my heart is hard

against thy life long laws


But then alas a newfound word

has come into my life

that which you said hath partial truth

and causes inward strife


Perhaps the push back in my soul

hath been a smidge too much

and bend shall I to reach to you

to understand thy clutch


And rather then to thrust away

his friend to distance parts

the boy who pushed and pushed again

looked deep within his heart


And when the push back came again

against his friendly foe

his heart and soul was kept in mind

when disagreements flowed



 

No comments:

Post a Comment