Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Trinkets and Bobbles

 

Trinkets and Bobbles

important to me

Bright shiny widgets

of lofty degree


Material goods

where I cast my eyes

I'll not live without them

must have lest I die


Though temporal in nature

and soon to be gone

n'er make a shred difference

for them do I long


My passion be driven

I cannot relent

whatever it takes

no matter what spent


But then do I gain them

and to my surprise

their glow be now dimmer

these bobbles I've eyed


These trinkets I thought

would satisfy me

became such a boredom

they've imprisoned me


And yet to be free

I'll find something new

a trinket or bobble

that's sure to be true


And thus fill my mind

and meet my desire

this fresh thing I find

will quench inward fire


And though to the land fill

they are to be sent

I'll thus keep replacing

my heart's longing bent


And none shall convince me

that I waste my time

forsaking eternal

for earthly sublime


These Trinkets and Bobbles

important to me

Bright shiny widgets

of lofty degree


 

No comments:

Post a Comment