Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Jesus Whom You Persecute - Acts 26:15

Luke the beloved physician wrote as Paul was making his defense before King Agrippa, he told him, “I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecute you me? it is hard for you to kick against the pricks”, and in chapter twenty-six and verse fifteen of the book of Acts Luke shared how Paul told King Agrippa that the voice said, I am Jesus whom you persecutewhere we read:

And I said, Who are you, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom you persecute.

The verse begins, “And I said, Who are you, Lord? Luke began with the words, “and I said” which means “and I, Paul, uttered, declared, proclaimed and asked”, “who are you” or “what person do you exist as” “Lord” which means “One to whom a person or thing belongs about which he has the power of deciding; master, and the title given to God the Messiah”? Luke shared how “Paul” told “king Agrippa” how he asked who the voice was that was speaking to him.

The verse continues, And he said, I am Jesus whom you persecute.Luke added the words, “and he said” which means “and he, the voice that was speaking, uttered, declared, proclaimed and answered”, “I am Jesus” or “I exist as Jesus whose name means Jehovah is Salvation and is the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate” “whom you persecute” which means “who is the person that you, Paul – Saul, harass, trouble and mistreat”. Luke shared how the voice told “Paul” that He was “Jesus” whom “Paul” was harassing and mistreating.

When we meditate upon Luke's words in this verse, we learn who the “voice” was that was speaking to “Paul-Saul” from the brilliant light. “Paul” experienced this in Acts chapter 9, and as he recounted his story to “king Agrippa”, “Paul” was very close to sharing how Jesus Christ changed his life. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with everyone through His Son Jesus. Those who believe and trust in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God. God changes lives, and those who are wise will yield to Him and allow Him to alter them in any way He deems necessary.

Next time Luke shares how Paul tells King Agrippa the voice said, I have appeared unto you for this purpose, to make you a minister, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment