Sunday, May 28, 2023

Paul Happy To Answer - Acts 26:2

Luke the beloved physician wrote how King Agrippa told Paul, “You are permitted to speak for yourself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself”, and in chapter twenty-six and verse two of the book of Acts Luke shared how Paul said, “I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before you” where we read:

I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before you

touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:

The verse begins,I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before you ... Luke began with the words, “I think myself happy” which means “I, Paul, consider my own self blessed, fortunate and well off”, “king Agrippa” or “leader, commander, prince and lord of the land Agrippa whose name means hero-like”, “because I shall answer for myself” which means “since and on account that I, Paul, will defend and give a full account of my own self” “this day before you” or “this very sunrise to sunset in front and in the presence of you, king Agrippa”. Luke shared how “Paul” told “king Agrippa” that he believed himself to be blessed to be able to defend himself within his presence.

The verse goes on to say, ... touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:Luke continued with the words, “touching all the things” which means “about and concerning each, every, the whole and everyone of the charges and complaints” “whereof I am accursed” or “of which I, Paul, am charged, called and brought into account” “of the Jews” which means “by the Jewish people as respects to birth, origin or religion”. Luke shared how “Paul” believed himself to be blessed to stand in front of “king Agrippa” to respond to the charges brought against him by the Jewish people.

When we consider Luke's words in this verse, we learn not only how “king Agrippa” gave “Paul” permission to speak for himself against the charges brought against him by the Jewish people, but also how “Paul” expressed his gratitude for “king Agrippa” allowing him to do so. “Paul” began his defense against the complaints by first acknowledging the “judge”, “king Agrippa”, and he expressed his appreciation for being allowed by the king to speak for himself. “Paul”, though not guilty of criminal acts, was being charged by the Jewish people as though he did something worthy of death, and even though these accusations were untrue, God allowed them in his life to give him an opportunity to share the gospel with leaders and royalty. God loves everyone, and anyone may have a personal relationship with Him through believing and trusting in His Son Jesus. Jesus died for the sins of the world that separated mankind from God, and those who believe and trust in Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with Him. Let all who read this defense of “Paul” perceive it as God's way of sharing His love and salvation with people who needed to hear it, and may they yield to Jesus who alone is able to forgive and save for all eternity.

Next time Luke shares how Paul tells King Agrippa, I know you to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment