Monday, March 11, 2019

Fleeting Emotions

What is this high that I be on
that peaks my inner flow
the raw emotion driven there
by circumstances known

For this good news has brought me here
and now on top I rise
above the normal living state
that brands the average life

What is this heavy load I bear
that brought me down thus far
beneath the modal realm of man
below the average par

For this bad news has brought me here
and thus nether I dwell
where none does seek to find me there
within the depths of hell

And doth this pain of wretched guilt
cast down my soul at will
where shame becomes my cloak of wear
and silence be my shrill

Like ocean waves that crest and fall
emotions come and go
the stable instability
like deepened water flow

And lest they crash upon the walls
within my inner soul
these feelings dwell thus deep within
must not allow to grow

So happy, sad, anger or guilt
or shame or fear or peace
move up and down thus passing by
be best when full released


No comments:

Post a Comment