Friday, March 29, 2019

Strings

Why this gift thou hast bestowed
upon me for no grounds at all?
Could this be luck or chance or fate?
Might it be share or due backpay?

Could this be just my lucky day
that thou hast given me this way?
I know not why this present be
this one that thou hast given me

But yet once more on close inspect
I become sure and circumspect
For I see strings that be below
this charming gift thou hast bestowed

The labels on these dangling chords
consist of dues and debt and owe
They meant to chain me to thyself
in wretched pain on mindless shelf

And bind me to thy wretched trap
to make me thus be thy doormat
Where I shall not escape at all
but be thy slave until the pall

And thus shall I thy gift refuse
I care not for it's valued use
Take back thy gift I do not care
for capture that thy gifts do bear


No comments:

Post a Comment