Saturday, August 8, 2020

A Hole in the Floor

When once young adventure

of tangled estate

the rhyming and rhythm

of earlier gait


Twas young yet but I

the lad of his teens

the thought of the world

delusions unseen


The footing beneath

t'would certain be true

and nothing could alter

this path I'd been through


It must be safe grounding

this mystery place

where footing is certain

t'would never erase


But flooring assured

twas not what I thought

would now thus be absent

and featured with aught


Cause yet now the scene

the coupling pair

realities mixed

my heart with despair


And standing alone

with hole in the floor

the vanishing dream

I'd had once before


And so I'll release

my dithering thoughts

and pull loose my step

from impeding plots


And free now the dream

of standing secure

released to move on

from hole in the floor


 

No comments:

Post a Comment