Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Sacrifice

 

Before God's alter One doth bow

my soul my life before thee now


Consider all thou gavest me

my sacred breath to worship thee


For sin's death door that twas my fate

thy life for mine thou didst abate


Thine sacrifice for me supplied

thy righteousness thou hast applied


The plan the cross that set me free

and with thy blood hast savest me


What canst I find in grateful way

return to thee above my fray


What have I here upon this ground

with thankful heart that might abound


What have I held and doth not cease

that I regard will not release


A sacrifice of a willing heart

thy will not mine I will impart


That which thou laid upon my soul

provided me and made me whole


My hidden love cast deep inside

I bring to thee my Savior guide


My faith and trust so vast within

o're shadowed love beneath my skin


And bow I now with heart complete

and yield it at the Savior's feet


To given One above the rest

who brought to me thy sacred best


Now peace disbarred no tragic pain

of my relinquished quest for gain


For Thou alone shalt comfort me

when give I all myself to thee


 

No comments:

Post a Comment