Friday, September 14, 2018

I Will Put My Trust in Him Hebrews 2:13


As the writer of Hebrews continued to show the preeminence of Jesus, he declared that “all things were made by him” and “for him”, and through His “perfect sufferings”, “many sons” were brought “unto glory”. He was and is “the captain of their salvation”, and in chapter two and verse thirteen of Hebrews we see the writer declare how it was because Jesus “will put” His “trust in him” which refers to God. We read:

And again, I will put my trust in him.
And again, Behold I and the children which God has given me.

The verse begins, “And again, I will put my trust in him.” The writer began with the words, “And again” which means “in addition renewal, repetition of the action, further and moreover”, “I will put my trust” which means “tranquilize, persuade unto, move or induce to persuasion to do something” “in him” which refers to “God”. In addition to “declaring” the Father's name “unto” His “brethren” and “singing praise” in the midst of the church, Jesus vowed to “put” His “trust” in God who provided this great salvation.

The verse continues, “And again, Behold I and the children which God has given me.” The writer added, “And again” or “renewal, repetition of the action, further and moreover”, “Behold” which means “see and lo” “I and the children” or “the Messiah and the immature Christians” “which God” which refers to “the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit” “has given me” or “bestowed, granted, supplied, furnished and delivered”. Jesus referred “believers” as “children” or “immature Christians” whom “God” the Father gave to Him.

When we think through these words in Hebrews, we see how the writer shares a quote from Psalm eighteen and verse two which says, “And again, I will put my trust in him”. Jesus knew He could “rely completely” upon God the Father for the “children” “given” to Him. Because of this, those who believe in Jesus as their Savior and Lord, God will make as His “children”. Let us realize where Jesus placed His “trust” and vow to “rely upon, cling to and believe” His promise to make us “children” of God.

Next time the Hebrew writer shares how Jesus was a “partaker of flesh and blood” to identify with us, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, and the new devotional “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment