Friday, September 14, 2018

Your Name Declared Hebrews 2:12


As we continue to see the preeminence of Jesus, God's Son, over “angels”, “prophets”, creation and the process of salvation, we note that all things made by Him and for Him because Jesus was to “bring many sons unto glory” and was to be made “the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings”. In chapter two and verse twelve of Hebrews we see how Jesus “will declare” the Father's “name unto my brethren” where we read:

Saying, I will declare your name unto my brethren,
in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto you.

The verse begins, “Saying, I will declare your name unto my brethren,...” The writer began with the word, “Saying” which means “affirming, maintaining, teaching, advising, exhorting, commanding and directing”, “I will declare” or “the Messiah will bring tidings, word, report and proclamation” “your name” which refers to “the name of the Father” “unto my brethren” or “fellow believers who are united to another by the bond of affection”. Jesus, the Messiah, was to “declare” His Father's name and attributes to “fellow believers who” were “united” by a “bond of affection”.

The verse goes on to say, “in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto you.” The writer continued, “in the midst” or “among or in the middle” “of the church” which refers to “the gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place as an assembly” “will I sing praise” or “sing paschal hymns or religious odes such as in Psalm 113-118” “unto you” which means “unto God the Father”. In addition to “declaring” the believers names to His “brethren”, the Messiah was “sing praise” unto God the Father in the middle of His “church”.

When we consider these words in Hebrews, we see the Messiah, Jesus, was involved in the declaration of God's name and sang “praise” unto God the Father for His believers. It is marvelous that Jesus would “suffer” for our salvation, but that He would also “declare” the Father's name to us and “sing praise” as well is almost too much to handle. The writer of Hebrews quoted Psalm chapter twenty-two and verse twenty-two, “I will declare thy name unto my brethren; in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto you.” and Psalm eighteen and verse two, “And again, I will put my trust in him” to show the validity of Jesus' position. If we are wise, we will understand and receive who Jesus is and know His purpose to “declare” and “sing praise” over us, May the Lord bless us with spiritual understanding for His great work.

Next time we see the writer share how Jesus declared “will put my trust in him” which refers to God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, and the new devotional “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment