Monday, April 22, 2019

By Grace I Am What I Am 1 Corinthians 15:10


Paul the apostle told the church members in Corinth, I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God., and in chapter fifteen and verse ten of First Corinthians, Paul declared to the church members in Corinth , “by the grace of God I am what I am”, where we read:

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

The verse begins, But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;” Paul began with the word, “but” which is a disassociation conjunction that means what is about to be written takes precedence over what was just stated “by the grace” which means “that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness and unmerited favor” “of God” which refers to “the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit” “I am” or “Paul exists, happens and is present as” “what I am” which means “that which Paul exists and happens to be”: “and his grace” or “and God's joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness and unmerited favor” “which was bestowed” which means “granted, given and endowed” “upon me” or “on Paul” “was not in vain” which means “was not empty and devoid of truth”. Paul knew he was who he was “by God's grace”, and that “grace” was not given to him in “emptiness and void of the truth”.

The verse goes on to say, but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” Paul continued with the word, “but” which is a disassociation conjunction that means what is about to be written takes precedence over what was just stated “I labored” which means “Paul grew weary, tired and exhausted” “more abundantly” which means “exceedingly, over and above, more than is necessary, super-added and supremely” “than they all” or “than any other person”: “yet not I” which refers to “moreover and not Paul”, “but” which is a disassociation conjunction that means what is about to be written takes precedence over what was just stated “the grace” or “that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness and unmerited favor” “of God” which refers to “the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit” “which was with me” or “which accompanied Paul”. Because Paul was extended the “grace of God”, he worked harder than anyone else by that same “grace”.

When we think through these words from Paul, we see how much he enjoyed and acknowledged the work of God's grace in his life. He was who he was because of God's grace, and that become the same for those who believe and trust in Jesus Christ as their personal “Savior and Lord”. Paul became an “apostle” even though he previously had persecuted the church, and this demonstrates the far reaching love and grace of God. God is able to alter the path of the most obdurate, and His “unmerited favor” is available to everyone who responds to His invitation to “come unto” Him.

Next time Paul tells the church members “whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so you believed”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, and the new devotional “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment