Friday, April 12, 2019

I Speak in Tongues More than You All 1 Corinthians 14:18


Paul the apostle shared with the church members in Corinth about the person who, gives thanks well, but the other is not edified, and in chapter fourteen and verse eighteen of First Corinthians, Paul declared, I speak with tongues more than you all”, where we read:

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than you all:

The verse begins, I thank my God, ...”. Paul began with the words, “I thank” or “Paul was grateful and thankful to” “my God” which refers to “Paul's Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit”. Paul was “grateful” to God for that he is to declare.

The verse continues, “... I speak with tongues more than you all” Paul continued with the words, “I speak” which means “Paul uttered, ” “with tongues” or “the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other nations” “more than you all” which means “to a greater degree, by far and more willingly than each, every, the whole and everyone of the church members”. Paul stated that he “spoke” more than any of the church members in “languages” that were “unknown”.

When we consider these words from Paul, we see how he validated “speaking in tongues” by his own admission to using this “spiritual gift” more than any of church members in Corinth. This verse contains the first portion of his idea, and he has more to say in the next verse, however, we should acknowledge that he did “speak in tongues”. Jesus Christ chose to use the “vocal spiritual gifts” in his church, and when Paul the apostle proclaims that he “spoke in tongues” more than the other church members, we should certainly acknowledge this wonderful “gift” of the Holy Spirit.

Next time Paul tells the church members, “in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, and the new devotional “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment