Monday, March 28, 2011

Herkamer and Gertrude Buying Carpet Part 4

Yesterday we left Gertrude and Herkamer within a heated discussion over a new found desire for new carpet. Gertrude felt that there was a great need for new flooring, and although Herkamer experienced a very bad day, she made her request to him as soon as he walked through the door. His response was “no” to which she began to whine, and he responded that if she would “get on the floor and swing your hands and kick your feet that fit you are having will be a lot cuter.” Gertrude was angry, began to steam out of the room turned to him, and was about to say...

When suddenly Herkamer realized what he had just said. Before she could speak, Herkamer lifted his finger and put it over her lips and said, “I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Can you forgive me?” Gertrude's expression changed. She could see the sincerity in Herkamer's eyes. Now although she was ready to give him a piece of her mind, she could only begin to shed a tear. He continued, “I have had such a hard day, and I couldn't wait to just come home to you. Then the door was locked, I dropped my coffee cup, the cat attacked me, and now look at the hole in my pants and this scratch on my leg. I was just overacting and impulsive.” Gertrude stood stunned but managed to look down at the scratch on Herkamer's leg. “I'm sorry too”, she replied. “I should have been more sensitive about your day. It's just that sometimes I begin looking around this house and feel so badly about it, and I just want a change, but I don't want a change if it means we are going to fight.”

Herkamer hugged Gertrude, and they began to laugh. How could something so trivial as new carpet cause such a stir? They walked hand in hand toward the kitchen in silence, looked into each others eyes, and noticed the television show that was on in the kitchen area. The host of the show said, “Is your yard a mess? Are you an embarrassment to your neighbors? Do you have ugly weeds, pitiful flowers and hideous brown patches in your grass areas? Then you need a new yard!” Herkamer and Gertrude just looked at each other with an acknowledging glance, and both reached to turn the television off and had a very romantic dinner and evening together.

Stay tuned for another story tomorrow. Same blog time. Same blog page. Until tomorrow...Why Say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment