Thursday, July 7, 2011

Make a List

Two ladies were on the phone with one another, and the one said to the other, “First, I have to go to the grocery store and then to the library. After that, I need to take some papers to my husband after I go by the bank to pick them up. My doctor appointment is at two, but I have to have that done by three because my daughter gets out of dance class that she has to attend by one thirty...” and so goes the day of the average person in America. Running here, running there, there are so many activities, and so many ways to fill the hours and minutes within the day. How in the world is anyone supposed to keep up with all those tasks? Simply make a list.



One of the greatest activities that a person can begin their day with is making a list. “Make your plan, and then work your plan” a wise man once said. The idea is simplistic, but so often unobserved. When the time is taken to stop everything and make a list before the day begins, a person feels less stressed, greater accomplishment, and a sense of satisfaction especially if he or she will take the time to check off each item on the list. Task one: Check; Task two: Check; Task three:...and so on.



The difficulty for most is just beginning this small labor. Try making a list just for this morning's activities. For example: Write my blog – Check; Post the blog to all the sites - ; Comment on twitter; Place deals on craigslist; etc, etc. etc. Check, check, check...



Until tomorrow...Why Say More?

No comments:

Post a Comment