Monday, July 25, 2011

Who You Be?

A decision is being made right now. In fact, many decisions are being made right now. What shall I wear? What shall I eat? When shall I leave? Where shall I go first? Which errand has the greatest priority? What shall I do with the kids? Do, do, do, and do again. Much of these are about “doing”, “Things to do” and Things to say”. But what about just “being?”



Many people define themselves by what they “do” rather than what they “be.” One will hear them say, “I did this” and “I did that”. They will chime in “I have to do this” and “ I have to do that”, and in the midst of all their “doing” they forget you they are, or to use poor grammar “who they be”.



Today if one will take the time to really ask the question, “Who am I” or even deeper “Who do others see that I am?”, there may be a discovery made that they are defined by their jobs, their tasks, and their errands rather than their soul. So, today, “Who be you?” That's the question, and only the one who will “be” shall be able to answer it.



Until tomorrow...Why Say More?

No comments:

Post a Comment