Monday, July 22, 2019

Because I Love You Not? 2 Corinthians 11:11


Paul the apostle told the church members in Corinth, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied”, and he added, “and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.” In chapter eleven and verse eleven of Second Corinthians, Paul asked the church members,“because I love you not? where we read:

Wherefore? because I love you not? God knows.

The verse begins, Wherefore? because I love you not? ” Paul began with the words, “Wherefore” which means “through, by, with and for the sake of”? “because” or “that and since” “I love you not” which means “Paul did not welcome, entertain, be fond of, be well pleased with and contented at or with a thing”. Paul wanted to know if the church members thought he did not “love” them.

The verse continues, “God knows”. Paul added the word, “God” which refers to “the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit” “knows” or “perceives, turns the eyes, minds, pay attention to and observes”. Paul recognized that “God” knew the truth concerning his “love” for the church members.

When we meditate upon these words of Paul, we see how he questioned what the church members thought about his “love” toward them. Paul loved the church members, and he relied upon “God's” knowledge of his care toward them. Jesus Christ cares for His church, and when members of the church deny themselves for the benefit of others, He is blessed by their actions. When the church members questioned whether Paul “loved” them, he drew attention to “God” who knows all things including how much we “love” one another.

Next time Paul tells the church members how he was, “what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then,

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment