Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Let No Man Think Me a Fool 2 Corinthians 11:16

Paul the apostle told the church members in Corinth, Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light”, Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works”, and in chapter eleven and verse sixteen of Second Corinthians, Paul told the church members to,“let no man think me a fool where we read:

I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me,
that I may boast myself a little.

The verse begins, I say again, Let no man think me a fool;” Paul began with the words, “I say again” which means “Paul utters, proclaims and declares another time” “let” or “allow or permit” “no man” which refers to “no human whether male or female” “think me” or “have an opinion, suppose, account or repute Paul as” “a fool” which means “without reason, senseless and stupid”. Paul instructed the church members not to allow anyone to judge him as “senseless and stupid”.

The verse continues, if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.” Paul added the words, “if otherwise” which means “whether else or if not”, “yet as a fool” or “even if like a senseless and stupid one” “receive me” which means “take up with the hand and grant access to Paul”, “that I may boast myself” or “that Paul may vaunt and glory in himself” “a little” which means “ a short, brief and small amount of time”. Paul declared that he would allow himself to be known as a “fool” so he could “glory” in his own blessings and measures.

When we consider these words of Paul, we see how he did not want to be considered as “senseless and stupid”, yet he allowed himself to be “received” in that manner so that he might “glory” in himself. Paul was setting the path to demonstrate how he, above all others, would qualify for status among Christians. Jesus Christ came to save everyone, and some within the faith have been given great blessings and gifts such as Paul to share his gospel. Whether people think them a “fool” or not should not alter their path of obedience to may Jesus known.

Next time Paul tells the church members, “that which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then,

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment