Monday, July 22, 2019

No Man Shall Stop Me of This Boasting 2 Corinthians 11:10


Paul the apostle told the church members in Corinth, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied”, and he added, “and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.” In chapter eleven and verse ten of Second Corinthians, Paul told the church members,“I was chargeable to no man where we read:

As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

The verse begins, As the truth of Christ is in me, ...” Paul began with the words, “As the truth” which means “because what is true, reality, fact and certainty” “of Christ” or “the anointed One, the Messiah and the Son of God” “in in me” which means “was within Paul”. Paul knew Jesus Christ's “truth” was within him.

The verse continues, “...no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.” Paul added the words, “no man” which means “no human being whether male or female” “shall stop me” or “will prove, confirm, attest to a thing, authenticate and place beyond doubt” “of this boasting” or “of this act of glorying and rejoicing” “in the regions” which refers to “within the inclination, slope, declivity, zone and tract of land” “of Achaia” which means “trouble” and was “the maritime region of northern Peloponnesus and Roman province embracing all Greece except Thessaly”. Paul proclaimed that no one would keep him from sharing the “gospel of Jesus Christ” throughout the Roman provinces.

When we consider these words of Paul, we see his ambition to continue sharing the “gospel” everywhere. Jesus Christ desires to reach people all over the world, and when a person knows “the truth” that “Christ is in” them and makes themselves available to Him, “no man shall stop” them “of this boasting”.

Next time Paul tells the church members how he was, “what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then,

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment