Monday, November 11, 2019

All Day Long God Stretches Out His Hand Romans 10:21


Paul the apostle asked the people in Rome, “Did not Israel know? First Moses said, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you”, and he added, “But Isaiah is very bold, and said, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.” In chapter ten and verse twenty-one of Romans, Paul shared how Isaiah wrote, “all day long I have stretched forth my hands” where we read:

But to Israel he said, All day long I have stretched forth my hands
unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.
The verse begins, But to Israel he said, All day long I have stretched forth my hands ...Paul began with the word, “but” which means “moreover and” “to Israel” which means “toward the Jewish people who belong to Israel” “he said” or “God uttered, proclaimed and declared”, “all day long” which means “the whole and complete twenty-four hour day” “I have stretched forth” or “God has spread out and extended” “my hands” which refers to “God's help, agency or means symbolizing his might, activity and power”. Paul continued to refer to Isaiah as he relayed the idea that God desires to “reach” people “all day long”.

The verse goes on to say, “... unto a disobedient and gainsaying people. Paul added the words, “unto a disobedient” which means “toward a refusing, unbelieving and non-compliant” “and gainsaying” or “speaking against and contradictory” “people” which means “tribe, nation and all those who are of the same stock and language”. “Isaiah” declared how God reaches out to people who are “unbelieving, non-compliant and contradictory”.

When we meditate upon these words of Paul, we see how God “reaches out” to people whom He knows are “defiant and contradictory” toward Him. He “stretches forth his hands” toward them, and sent His Son Jesus Christ to save “sinners”who are often obstinate to God. God desires to save them anyway, and should there be one reading these words who is “disobedient and gainsaying”, turn to the Lord Jesus Christ who “reaches out” “all day long”.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see Paul ask the question, has God cast away his people?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment