Monday, November 11, 2019

Found by Those Who Did Not Seek Romans 10:20

Paul the apostle told the people in Rome, “Did not Israel know? First Moses said, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you”, and in chapter ten and verse twenty of Romans, Paul referred to Isaiah again concerning people receiving the gospel and stated, “I was found of them that sought me not” where we read:

But Isaiah is very bold, and said, I was found of them that sought me not;
I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
The verse begins, But Isaiah is very bold, and said, I was found of them that sought me not;Paul began with the word, “but” which means “moreover and” “Isaiah” which refers to “the famous Hebrew prophet whose name means Jehovah's help and prophesied in the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah”, “is very bold” or “assumed and ventured plainly”, “and said” which means “and uttered, proclaimed and declared”, “I was found” or “God was come upon, met with, searched for, inquired of, thought about and observed” “of them” which refers to “by the people” “that sought me not” or “who did not seek after, strive for, require, demand or crave”. Paul referred to the prophet “Isaiah” as he shared about people finding God who never looked for Him.

The verse continues, “I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. Paul added the words, “I was made manifest” which means “God was shown openly while giving proofs of his saving grace” “unto them” or “toward the people who did not seek for God” “that asked not” which means “who never questioned, inquired of, requested or demanded” “after me” or “about or toward God”. “Isaiah” shared how God was revealed to these people who never “questioned or inquired about” Him.

When we consider these words of Paul, we see his reference to Isaiah chapter sixty-five and verse one, I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.” Although the Jewish people rejected God's Son Jesus Christ as their “Messiah, Savior and Lord”, many of the Gentiles or “foreign nations” did not. God revealed Himself to people who never looked for Him, asked about Him nor “craved” a relationship with Him, and many of them received His Son Jesus unto “salvation”. God desires people everywhere to be “saved”, and He has the ability to reveal Himself to whomever He desires. Perhaps He is revealing Himself to someone who is reading these words right now. If so, yield to Him, and accept Jesus Christ His Son as a personal “Savior” today.

Next time Paul shares with his readers how Isaiah wrote, all day long I have stretched forth my hands, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment