Saturday, November 2, 2019

God's People Romans 9:25


Paul the apostle asked the people in Rome, “What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction, and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had before prepared unto glory”. He continued with a question, “Even us, whom he has called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?”, and in chapter nine and verse twenty-five of Romans, Paul continued his thought as he referred to the Old Testament book of Hosea where we read, “I will call them my people” where we read:

As he says also in Hosea, I will call them my people,
which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

The verse begins, As he says also in Hosea, I will call them my people, ...Paul began with the words, “as he says” which means “As God utters, proclaims and declares” “also” which means “even and indeed” “in Hosea” whose name means “salvation” and was “the well known Hebrew prophet who was the son of Beeri and contemporary with Isaiah”, “I will call them” or “God shall bid and invite people” “my people” which refers to “God's human beings whether male or female”. Paul referred to the Old Testament prophet Hosea of Israel concerning “God” “inviting” His “people” .

The verse goes on to say, ... which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. Paul continued with the words, “which were not which means “who were in no way and never” “my people” which refers to “God's human beings whether male or female” ; “and her beloved” or “welcomed, entertained, fond of, well pleased and contented with”, “which was not beloved” which means “whom God was not welcomed, entertained, fond of, well pleased and contented with”. Paul shared how God “loved” people who were not previously His “people”.

When we think through these words of Paul, we see how he quoted from Hosea chapter two and verse twenty-three where we read, And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, you are my people; and they shall say, you are my God.” Paul desired for his readers to see yet another example of the way God “chose” both “Jews and Gentiles” for “salvation”. God wants every person to be saved, and although some will refuse Him, He continues to “invite and bid” everyone. Jesus Christ, God's Son, came to the world not only to die for everyone's sins, but also to provide access to “everlasting life” in a relationship with God. Those who are wise shall understand these words and believe.

Next time we see Paul tells his readers in Rome how those who were not God's people,shall be called the children of the living God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.


1 So You Want to Be Married Books1 Equipped for Battle Front Cover-11 Sermon on the Mount_COVER_Final_Jan29_000001

No comments:

Post a Comment