Saturday, November 16, 2019

Paul Magnifying His Office Romans 11:13


Paul the apostle asked the people in Rome, if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?”, and in chapter eleven and verse thirteen of Romans, Paul told the people in Rome, “I magnify my office” where we read:

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify my office:
The verse begins, For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, ...Paul began with the word, “for” which means “even as, indeed, no doubt, seeing then, verily and therefore” “I speak” or “Paul uttered, spoke, declared and proclaimed” “to you Gentiles” which refers to “the his believing readers who were of the companies, troops, tribes, nations and people groups who were not Jews”, “inasmuch” which means “since, beside and toward” “as I am” which refers to “since Paul was and existed as” “the apostle” or “the delegate, messenger and one sent forth with orders” “of the Gentiles” which refers to “pertaining and sent to the companies, troops, tribes, nations and people groups who were not Jews”. Paul was able to “speak” with the people of “nations” foreign to Israel, because he was “sent out” and declared as their “apostle”.

The verse continues, ... I magnify my office:. Paul added the words, “I magnify” which means “Paul praised, extolled, celebrated and honored” “my office” or “Paul's service, ministering and execution of the commands of God”. Paul “exalted” his position of “service” toward the “Gentile” people.

When we think through these words of Paul, we see how he enjoyed his position as “apostle to the Gentiles”. Though a Jew himself, Paul was “called and sent forth” by God to share the “gospel of Jesus Christ” with people who did not belong to the nation of Israel. God desires for people everywhere to be “saved”, and when He sent His “only begotten Son Jesus” into the world to die for their sins, He made the way for anyone who believes and trusts in Him to have “everlasting life”. Paul shared with the “Gentiles” about the abundant love and grace of God, and he shared with the Jews about the abundant love and grace of God. Those who are wise, regardless of whether they are Jew or Gentile, will submit their lives to Jesus Christ and receive Him as “Savior and Lord”.

Next time Paul tells his readers how he desired to, “provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment