Thursday, September 9, 2021

The Other Side of Judgment

How is it thus thou live thy life

control that be thine own

no rules from God or other source

for laws thou dost bemoan


And live thy life as thou see fit

in any way seems right

for no one tells thee what to do

thou live with all thy might


I have no need of thee oh God

Thy Son I thus ignore

salvation's plea I disregard

for I know best my core


Though loving grace doth God extend

tis constant offered thee

thou thus reject and quite refuse

eternal life for free


Though warnings vast and danger told

the broad road widened gate

neglect to hear and thus obey

the One controls thy fate


His Spirit calls and thus convicts

but constant thou refuse

Thy heart is hard but wilt be soft

thy destiny abused


But thus alas without thy breath

that came from God above

before Him thou must give account

what didst thou with His love


And on the day thou stand before

must give thy life's account

not one will aid or comfort thee

nor rescue thy miscount


What then appeal shalt thou thus make

when thou hast heard the words

depart from me iniquity

thou worker self deferred



 

No comments:

Post a Comment