Friday, September 24, 2021

The Wave of the Nerdlihc

 

While down the beach one day I strolled

what there my eyes did see

a nerdlihc one with playful heart

now waving thus to me


With gleeful grin and care free stride

the nerdlihc pranced along

not yet one care did he forebear

to him did then belong


A stluda followed close behind

who did put forth her wave

resistant to acknowledge me

reserved and heavy lane


What's this I asked within my soul

such different mannered greet

the nerdlihc one with happy gest

the stluda's awkward feat


The absence of a hardened heart

the nerdlihc unreserved

unlike the stluda's prideful soul

that did not have the nerve


The nerdlihc's lack of fear and care

the studla's shielded fate

the difference was the innocence

one tarnished one clean slate


And thinking through nerdlihc's address

my soul now filled with glee

from one soft-hearted simple wave

whose challenge set me free


 

No comments:

Post a Comment