Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Behold I Come Quickly with My Reward Revelation 22:12

After sharing much of the beauty of the heavenly city and looking upon the wonders that shall be there, Jesus declared to John the apostle, “Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keeps the sayings of the prophecy of this book.” John continued,And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. Then said he unto me, See you do it not: for I am your fellow-servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.” John continued, “And he said unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still, and in Revelation chapter twenty-two and verse twelve John shares how Jesus declared, “behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me” where we read:

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me,
to give every man according as his work shall be.
The verse reads, And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, John began with the words, “and, behold” which means “and look, lo and see”, “I come” or “Jesus appears, arises and comes on the scene” “quickly” which means “speedily, suddenly, readily and without delay”; “and my reward” which means “and Jesus' dues paid for work, wages, hire and the fruit naturally resulting from toils and endeavors” “is with me” or “is among and alongside Jesus”. John shared Jesus' promise that He was to “appear speedily” and that He shall have His “fruit of endeavors” with Him.

The verse continues, “to give every man according as his work shall be. John added the words, “to give” which means “to grant, bestow, deliver, discharge what is due and render to” “every man” which refers to “each, the whole, all and everyone whether male or female” “as his work” which means “in the manner or likeness according to the business, employment and that which they are occupied” “shall be” or “will come to pass or follow”. John shared how Jesus will “grant and bestow” upon people their “reward” according to the way they have labored.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we discover that Jesus' intention is to “return quickly”. Though it has been almost two thousand years since He made that statement, He shall soon return. (See 2 Peter 3:8) This declaration promises that Jesus has “rewards” with Him, and He willingly desires to “grant” those to people who have put their faith and trust in Him and then worked in His Kingdom. God wants to bless everyone with “rewards”, and the greatest “reward” is to live eternally with Him. Let all who read these words seek the Lord with all their hearts, repent of their sinful ways, and begin to work in His Kingdom with an expectation of His “coming again”.

Next time Jesus tells John, “I am Alpha and Omega so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.







No comments:

Post a Comment