Sunday, October 31, 2021

Bloom Where You're Planted

 

Forlorn I looked and cast my gaze

what there didst my eyes see

a lone set flower 'pon it's stem

there looking back at me


It's ground was firm within a rock

where straying seed was set

while other ground from all around

seemed much more fit and yet


That sole lone bloom upon it's stem

did not wish else to grow

but rather pushed its roots beneath

the stone fixed deep below


Twas then I thought upon my mum

her words still planted sound

that I should bloom within my state

verse looking all around


And should I travel state to state

to country far and wide

forget not fields that lies within

those seeded by divine


And dare I be but transplant still

by hand or wind or seed

forget not that which bears the best

the roots you've found in me


Give forth your all where e'er you be

and deep your roots thus bear

within the ground where you've been placed

and bloom your flowers there



 

No comments:

Post a Comment