Monday, October 7, 2019

Church Visitor

I took examine of my life
and found my saddened state
I counted all my failures
my constant guilty fate

Decide did I to go to church
to see what they would say
twas there I'd alter everything
live life another way

A visitor twas I that day
When up the drive I hiked
surprised by ones saw parking there
the cars, the trucks, the bikes

When stepped I there inside the church
twas no one greeting me
They simply gathered in their groups
pretended not to see

The music loud did sing Christ's love
twas I forlorn to know
but everyone around me there
ignored my longing soul

The message next I hoped to hear
a Savior of my life
provide me new direction
to take away my strife

Salvation there was not the text
no way, no truth, no life
Instead a social gospel reigned
not cleansed nor sanctified
Missionaries not at all
did penetrate their speech
nor Jesus Christ and saving grace
was their attention preached

A social gospel their affair
not sin, nor shame, nor lost
Repentance wasn't stated there
Just fine the way I was

The message there a club-like one
the women's tea affair
men's breakfast, how to fix my kids
my wife, the husband care

Kids camping, fancy microphones
the doors, sound systems too
the stained glass windows on the wall
the giving venue too

The build decor and comfy chairs
the pews and carpet ware
the lighting with a sparkling state
the fog machine be there

The stage where colored lights did hang
the songs contemporar'
the modern, not traditional
praise team beyond compare

And after much ado of such
the dribble, squandering fray
tis time that they dismiss the crowd
with little time to pray

And leave there did I yet in state
the same as when I came
with misery and guilt in tow
and wielding inner pain


No comments:

Post a Comment